Thursday, September 23, 2010

so sorry

"You said a bad driver was only safe until she met another bad driver? Well, I met another bad driver, didn't i? I mean it was careless of me to make such a wrong guess. I thought you were rather an honest, straightforward person. I thought it was your secret pride."


"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honour."


She didn't answer. Angry, and half in love with her, and tremendously sorry, I turned away.

-The Great Gatsby.





"In the world of normal discourse I was like a tourist- a dying tourist- on a twilight tour of Europe. Each sunset, each spire, each cobblestoned path, each lobby, each glass of local beer is monumental, tragic, and unparalleled."

-Endless love by: Scott Spencer.


ph: rafa castells


"Out the kitchen door, she stood breathing in the night air, the cold and the rain, the chairs dripping against the warped wood of the deck, the lights muted and hazy. There was no end to the Bosch... Served her right for having a good day, she had gone almost a whole afternoon without thinking of him every moment. Thinking she was doing well, making progress. There was never going to be an end to this. Whenever she thought she could not feel more alone, the universe peeled back another layer of darkness."

-Paint it Black by: Janet Fitch


ph: bibastar


"Sam had always enjoyed a good scare. He was a connoisseur of the wild scene, the evening of deranged doings, the overdose, the wrong turn, the frightened innocent bystander; he was a believer in art for art's sake, pain for the pure and utter realness of sensation, and he'd always been partial to the raw, the blood-stained, the weightless, the orphaned, the dead, the lost. Burn me, he would have said. Set me free. Let me fall from the tallest building, the farthest tree."

-Skylight Confessions by: Alice Hoffman.



ph: anstendig


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what's on your mind.