Tuesday, May 18, 2010

the garden of eden

"Are you hungry?"

"No. but i'm sure everything will be all right. You said it would didn't you?"

"Of course it will."

"I wish I could remember what it was we lost. But it doesn't matter does it? You said it didn't matter."

"No."

"Then let's be cheerful. It's just gone whatever it was."

"It must have been something we forgot," he said. "We'll find it."

"I did something I know. But it's gone now."

"That's good."

"It wasn't anyone else's fault whatever it was."

"Don't talk about faults."





He kissed her and it was Catherine as she had been before when she had seemed to come back to him for a while.

"I'm sorry I was such a failure again."

"Let's not talk about things."

"Do you hate me?"

"No."

"Can we start again the way I'd planned things?"

"I don't think so."

"Then why did you come in here?"

"This is where I belong."

"No other reason?"

"I thought you might be lonely."

"I was."

"Everybody's lonely," David said.






ph: shanghai tang ad.

-"The Garden of Eden" by Ernest Hemingway.



No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what's on your mind.