Sunday, February 14, 2010

happy HEART day!

awww! it's valentines day today! how lovely. i'm single, but happy. it's ok. we don't really celebrate valentines day here anyway. it's too overrated back at home.

and thanks to eddie, i now understand the guy's point of view and why they are not always so enthusiastic about this "love holiday." it's all about the girls, not about the guys! it's just some excuse made up so girls can be showered with gifts and given chocolates and roses. and it's so stressful for the guy. they have to make everything perfect, so the girl is satisfied. (girls demand a lot sometimes).

so yes eddie, i now understand how the guys feel on this day. i can see how it's fun obviously for the girls, but why can't we have love days whenever we want and special days whenever we want with our loved one? and not have a stressful day?

however, i will share with you an alternative to the typical love song i really like called
"SKINNY LOVE."

Come on skinny love just last the year. Pour a little salt we were never here. My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my. Staring at the sink of blood and crushed veneer.

I tell my love to wreck it all. Cut out all the ropes and let me fall. My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my. Right in the moment this order's tall.

I told you to be patient. I told you to be fine. I told you to be balanced. I told you to be kind. In the morning I'll be with you. But it will be a different "kind". I'll be holding all the tickets . And you'll be owning all the fines.

Come on skinny love what happened here. Suckle on the hope in lite brassiere. My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my. Sullen load is full; so slow on the split.

I told you to be patient. I told you to be fine. I told you to be balanced. I told you to be kind. Now all your love is wasted. Then who the hell was I? Now I'm breaking at the britches. And at the end of all your lines.

Who will love you? Who will fight? Who will fall far behind?

-Bon Iver.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfAS6nwYc9g





ps- all i did today was go to JJ (chatuchak) weekend market with mariko and saira and bought a lot of fun stuff. including black leather boots for 100 baht ($3.50) HOLLA!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha good cause your zara ones are beginning to look a little rough... just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man tash! those black boots are my fave! i hope you didn't ruin them. :(

    ReplyDelete

tell me what's on your mind.